Personal information includes any information that can identify you as an individual. You have the choice not to provide us with your personal information (other than as required by law). However, this may result in us being unable to provide you with some or all of our Services, or may substantially reduce the level of service we are able to provide to you, and/or reduce the areas of our website that you will be able to access.
By using the Services provided, You consent to Your personal information being collected, held and used in this way and for any other use that You authorise. Fleetcoach will only use Your personal information for the purposes described in this Policy or with Your express permission.
What Personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information as part of our ordinary business operations, including the provision of Services to you. Personal information that we collect from you may include:
- information that helps us confirm your identity;
- your contact information;
- information such as email address, name and driver licence;
- billing and payment information;
- cookies (as explained below), computer and/or network IP address, and website usage information; and
- documents supporting your trade references and business records
When do we collect personal information from you?
We may collect Personal Information when you
- contact us, whether via our website, telephone, text message, email and/or post;
- enquire about our Services;
- purchase Services from us;
- agree to do business with us;
- register to use the Services;
- complete questionnaires or surveys;
- use the Services;
- contact the Fleetcoach Sales and/or Support teams;
- sign up to our mailing lists;
- visit our Website; and
- with Your consent.
By providing us with your personal information you are consenting to us collecting your personal information and using it in accordance with this Policy and applicable law.
You are entitled to not provide Your personal information to us. However, please note that this may result in the inability for us to provide You with the Services.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information where it is necessary to respond to your request, provide the Services you have requested, or to otherwise manage your interaction with us. When we obtain your personal information we will only use that personal information for the purpose for which it is collected, as set out in this Policy or as permitted by law. Generally, we will collect and use personal information from you for the following purposes:
- receiving and responding to your enquiries in relation to our Services;
- in order to verify Your identity;
- to administer the Services;
- receiving and processing your requests for us to provide Services to you, contacting you in relation to the Services you have requested, and providing those requested Services;
- to allow us to perform a contract we have with you;
- to act on your requests; provide marketing or training relating to the Services, including contacting you by phone, text message, post or email;
- helping us to identify other Services that might be beneficial to you;
- provide reporting information to the Subscriber;
- carry out research;
- assist with the resolution of support issues relating to the Services;
- for our general business processes, management and the improvement of our Services;
- enforcing our agreements with you that relate to our goods and/or services;
- for any other purpose for which the personal information was collected;
- when we are legally compelled to disclose information to comply with laws and regulations in applicable jurisdictions, and
- communicate with You.
We may collect personal information from third parties
In most instances we will collect personal information directly from you. However, given the nature of the Services we provide, it will not always be possible to collect all personal information directly from you.
We will only collect personal information about you from third parties as set out in this Policy, where it is reasonably necessary in the circumstances, where we are obtaining such personal information from a publicly available source, or where you have provided your express or implied consent.
Examples of where we collect personal information about you from third parties include:
- publicly available sources, such as the companies office;
- your employer where they have purchased the Services for you to use;
- our partners such as resellers and referrers of our products and/or services;
- regulators, government authorities, Courts or the Police; and
- our insurers.
Who your information may be disclosed to
In the course of using your personal information, we may disclose your personal information to third parties. Where we contract with third parties to provide services, we may provide those third parties with personal information required to carry out those services. Those third parties will be required to maintain strict privacy standards to protect against unauthorised use or disclosure of personal information.
We will only share personal information with third parties where we are permitted under this Policy, where you have specifically authorised us to do so or in accordance with our legal obligations. For example, we may share your personal information with:
- third parties that help us deliver our goods and/or services;
- our partners such as resellers and referrers of our products and/or services;
- IT and data storage providers;
- payment providers;
- debt collection and credit reporting agencies;
- any person or entity whom you have permitted us to disclose the information to;
- regulatory or government bodies such as the police; and
- any person or entity whom we are permitted to do so under law.
When you provide us with personal information of another person
If You provide Fleetcoach with personal information about someone else then You must ensure You are authorised to disclose that information to Fleetcoach and obtain consent for Fleetcoach to collect and use that information as defined in this Policy.
By using the Service you agree that Fleetcoach can collect, aggregate and make use of non-personally identifiable data collected from You. This data will be anonymised and will in no way identify You or any other individual.
Fleetcoach may use aggregated anonymised data to:
- carry out research to the benefit of improving driver education,
- work with trusted external researchers to the benefit of improving driver education,
- publish research based on the aggregated data,
- assist us to better understand how our customers are using our website or the Service,
- provide our customers with further information regarding the uses and benefits of the Service,
- provide benchmarks for You to compare Your performance against benchmark data, and
- otherwise improve the Service.
Where anonymised and non-personally identifiable data may be provided to researchers external to Fleetcoach these researchers shall be subject to strict ethics guidelines.
How we protect and store your information
Fleetcoach takes all reasonable precautions to ensure the protection of Your information from unauthorised access or disclosure. All personal information is stored on secure servers with SSL certificates ensuring that transmission of all personal information from You to the Service, and vice versa, is encrypted. However, we cannot guarantee the complete security of your information due to the inherently risky nature of the internet. You provide Your personal information over the internet at Your own risk.
Fleetcoach will not provide Your personal information to a third party unless it is in line with this Policy, the Privacy Act or with Your express consent. Fleetcoach does not sell or rent Your personal information to third parties. There may be cases where Fleetcoach is legally required to disclose Your personal information without Your consent in order to comply with legal process.
Unauthorised access to your account
It is Your responsibility to keep Your password to the Services safe. Should You become aware of any misuse of Your password then you should immediately change your password within the Services or via the “Forgot your password?” functionality, and notify us as soon as possible.
It is Your responsibility to ensure that the information You provide us is accurate and up-to-date. You may request access to the information we hold about You or request an update to that information by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fleetcoach will process Your request in a reasonable timeframe provided we are not prevented from doing so on legal grounds. If we are not able to carry out Your request for access to the information then we will inform You of the reason why.
Fleetcoach uses “cookies” in the delivery of the Service. Cookies used by Fleetcoach may contain anonymous and/or encrypted session information relating to Your use of the Services. Fleetcoach uses a combination of persistent and session based cookies to, for example, track site usage and track Your interaction with the Service.
You have the option to reject any cookie set by the Services but in doing so You will no longer be able to use the Services.
Web beacons, also known as clear gif technology, or action tags, assist in delivering the cookie. This technology tells us how many visitors clicked on key elements (such as links or graphics) on our website. We do not use this technology to access your personal information. It is a tool we use to compile aggregated statistics about the website’s usage. We may share this tracking information with third parties.
You may register with us to receive marketing and communications via email, text message or by post and your name and contact details will be added to our marketing database. You consent to receiving messages from us by email, text message or post. If you decide that you no longer wish to receive marketing material from us you can elect to unsubscribe by selecting the option in the email or by emailing us at email@example.com, replying ‘STOP” to any text message or by contacting us directly by telephone or post.
What do we do if there is a breach of your privacy?
If we believe that there has been a privacy breach, then we will identify the breach and take reasonable steps to minimise any harm caused by the breach. Where we believe any breach of privacy poses a risk of serious harm, or is likely to cause serious harm then we are required to notify the Privacy Commissioner and affected parties.
Where you believe that there has been a breach in relation to your privacy, then please contact us as soon as possible.
If you are not satisfied with the way we have dealt with or resolved your complaint then you can escalate this by contacting the Privacy Commissioner at any time:
Office of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner
Phone: 0800 803 909
What is your right to access your personal information?
You are entitled to ask whether we hold any personal information about you, access any personal information that we hold about you and to request the correction of any personal information held by us.
If you wish to access or correct personal information held by us then please contact our privacy officer as below.
Updates to this Policy
Fleetcoach may update this policy periodically and without prior notice to reflect changes in our online information practices. We will post a prominent notice on this Website and use reasonable endeavours to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Statement and indicate at the top of the statement when it was most recently updated. The most recent version of this Policy will apply.
You should revisit this area of the Website regularly to check the Policy. Your continued use of the Services will be deemed acceptance of any updated Policy.
How to get in touch with us
Your privacy is important to us, if you have a general privacy enquiry or complaint about a privacy breach then please contact our Privacy Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.